- 1.5 hrs Prep + Chilling | 6-8 slices | Eggs
Let's Start Cooking!
- Take 8 inch round ring or a loose bottom cake tin. Cover bottom with silver foil tightly.
- Finely crush biscuits using rolling pin. Add butter after melting and mix well. Spread in the ring to form 2 mm / 3 mm thick layer.
- Bake for 5-7 mins at 160° C and later cool it.
- In mixing bowl take D'lecta Cream Cheese (room temperature) and mix for a minute.
- Add castor sugar mix at slow speed. Scrape as required incorporate fully.
- Add eggs (room temperature) very gradually, waiting between each addition till previous eggs have been well incorporated, and beat for a total time of at least ten minutes, till the mixture is smooth and creamy and quite liquid.
- Mix the D'lecta Dairy Cream and corn flour together separately and add to the cream cheese mixture, and mix well. Also add the melted butter.
- Make a meringue with the egg whites and breakfast sugar, adding the sugar slowly to the egg and mixing at high speed. Fold this meringue mixture gently into the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix at slow speed for about 2 to 4 Minutes till all ingredients are uniformly integrated and smooth mixture is made. Pour this mixture over the biscuit base in the cheesecake ring.
- Take cake mould and pour the filling.
- Place cheesecake pan on a large baking pan filled with hot water. Place in the oven. Bake at 160°C for 1 hr or until firm and only the centre of the cheesecake looks a little wet and wobbly.
- Remove from oven and carefully let cheese cake cool for about an hour (in same baking tray). If required run a sharp knife around the inside edge of pan to loosen the cheesecake (helps prevent the surface from cracking as it cools).
- Once cooled cover with clean/plastic wrap and refrigerate. Let the cheese cake refrigerate for overnight and then de mould it carefully.
- Baked cheese cake can be garnished with fresh fruit, sour cream and fruit fillings for garnishing. Serve chilled.