- 1 hr plus chilling Prep | Serves 8-10 | Non Veg
- 100 g Marie biscuits
- 50 g + 1 tbsp D’Lecta unsalted butter
- 750 g D’Lecta cream cheese
- 325 g Caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Corn flour
- 2 Eggs
- 300 ml D’Lecta cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- 3 Zested Lemon
- 1 Lemon
Let's Start Cooking!
- Preheat an oven at 160°C.
- To make the candied lemons, cut the lemon skin into thin strips, like matchsticks and put in a pan of 100ml water.
- Add the sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes and then cool and keep aside.
- For the cheesecake, crush the marie biscuits with a rolling pin until coarse.
- Mix in 50g of melted butter and put this mixture at the base of a loose bottom cake tin.
- Level with a spoon and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Whisk the cream cheese with an electric beater until smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one, the vanilla essence, lemon zest and the cream.
- Once the mixture is mixed well, pour it on top of the biscuit base in the cake tin.
- Level with a knife and cover the base with a sheet of aluminium foil so that the water does not seep in the cake tin while baking.
- Place the cake tin in a baking tray and put it in the oven.
- Fill the tray with water so that it just covers the bottom of the cake tin.
- Bake for around 1 hour until the surface is set and light golden.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool at room temperature and then chill for at least 2 hours, then slice and serve topped with candied lemon peel.
Amount per Serving